Suitable for all skill levels (ages 10+)
This is a fun date idea for friends and couples.
In this class I will take you through the basics of hand building and how to underglaze (paint) your pieces.
- Make as many pieces as you like within the time constraint of the class and the 1kg of clay provided.
- Everything will be supplied, just bring your own apron or wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- This is a 3 hour class starting at 2pm.
- You can expect to pick up your piece after 3-4 weeks! I will send out an email when they are ready.
Location: Room 11, Studio One Toi Tu, Ponsonby, Auckland
Hand building offers amazing flexibility and you can sculpt almost anything.
Here are some ideas:
- Bowls & Plates
- Coffee mugs
- Teacup and saucer
- Pet bowls
- Tic tac toe boards
What is included:
- 1kg of white stoneware clay
- Tools to be shared
- Variety of underglaze colours (for painting your piece)
- Firing & glazing your pieces
Feel free to bring your own drinks and snacks but no alcohol on the premises!
If you need to cancel the class - please reach out via email ASAP so we are able to fill your seat. We understand there are circumstances which are out of your control.
A full refund (minus an administration fee of $15) will be given if you cancel 2 weeks before the class.
A 50% refund will be given if you cancel 1 week before the class.
No refund will be given if your cancellation occurs within 1 week of the class unless a replacement is found.
As clay is a natural material and the piece goes through multiple firings, there is a chance that the piece may crack. If this happens, we can send you a gift card to attend another workshop or provide a 10% refund.